101+ Careers in Public Health
Beth Seltzer, MD, MPH, Heather Krasna, MS, EdM
The public health landscape is one of the most rapidly growing and cutting-edge fields at the moment and, in the wake of the global COVID-19 pandemic, there has never been a more meaningful time to enter the field. This thoroughly updated and revised third edition of 101+ Careers in Public Health continues to act as a career guide both for students seeking a first job in the field of public health and for anyone seeking guidance on how to best navigate the next stages of an existing career. Discussing not only emerging career paths but also traditional and familiar job types in public health, this book offers comprehensive advice and practical tips. It includes a wide survey of career profiles, including careers closely involved with pandemic response, climate change, technology and data science, and social justice advocacy.
This third edition continues to provide a clear introduction to the history of public health with detailed descriptions of the many educational pathways that lead to public health careers. The book explores more than 120 different jobs in public health, with complete job descriptions, educational requirements, and future outlooks in addition to public health profiles from working professionals in the field. Whether interested in positions in government, healthcare, non-governmental organizations, technology, research, academia, philanthropic organizations, global health, consulting, or other private sector companies, this exciting third edition of 101+ Careers in Public Health provides excellent career guidance and produces helpful self-reflection when deciding on a public health career path.
- Provides an introduction to the important competencies, training, and requirements needed to secure job opportunities at different career stages
- Includes step-by-step advice on how to network, apply, and interview for the job that best matches your interests, complete with a sample resume and cover letter
- Presents 50 new interviews from early career, management, and leadership positions as well as job descriptions for 20 occupations new to this edition
- Expanded coverage on global health and related opportunities, in addition to jobs in data science and technology
- Offers career advice for entry-level candidates and also for anyone looking to change careers